Time has flown since 2016, fortunate to have accepted a head coaching opportunity at the high school level in Central Massachusetts. More importantly, I have recently gotten married to the literal meaning of a “Coach’s Wife.” Between her volleyball season to my basketball schedule our household remains volatile year round.
Nonetheless, we love what we do (most days) and I am looking forward to getting back to sharing some of my experiences to this point. Over the next couple of months I want to cover a few of the most poignant topics during my first two years as a head coach, in addition to what my summer plans are from a developmental standpoint.
Here are a list of topics to expect:
- Summer Reading & Pro Development Projects
- Transition from Asst. to Head Coach
- Having a high caliber prospective student-athlete & the recruiting experience from the coaching side
- Impact of Prep School (esp. New England)
- Losing When Up Big
- Transition from College to High School
Stick around, hopefully these won’t take 2 years to complete.